TPG Community

Get online support

[Update] TPG Email Outage

Bobby_Newmark
Level 2
Hello BasilDV,
It appears that email is working again now after significant outage and a recurrence yesterday.
However, this discussion thread has not been concluded with a message about the outage.
While a number of TPG Moderators have offered apologies for the outage, users are still left wondering about reliability and robustness of TPG systems.
Can you offer any explanation for the outage and reassure users that procedures are in place to avoid future outages?
TPG
Moderator Moderator

Dear All,

The email issue is now resolved and no customers should have any more email issues. If you are experiencing any problems please private message us so we can help.

The outage duration was from Wednesday late afternoon until Friday evening, however a small group of customers experienced intermittent email issues over the weekend until Monday morning.

The outage was caused by a failure affecting the storage system, through which the email systems operate.

This issue and your feedback has been taken very seriously by our business. We understand and apologise for the inconvenience and frustration caused by this issue.

captainphil
Level 3

If the issue is now resolved, why does your telephone help line still say that there is no email ?

You sent me a text message to call you (and told me to select option 2)

The recorded message says there are no emails and then puts me into a loop

Do you have another issue - or have you just not updated your phone message

- maybe you are just getting in early for the next outage ?

(Refer to my earlier post - please look up the term "Customer Service")

Dante
Level 2

Dear Moderator,

I already submitted two requests for compensation and still no response from TPG

Are you really waiting for that moment when unhappy clients will complaint to Telco Ombudsman and ACCC ?

Why are you avoiding this question ?

pelli69
Level 3

@TPG wrote:

Dear All,

The email issue is now resolved and no customers should have any more email issues. If you are experiencing any problems please private message us so we can help.

The outage duration was from Wednesday late afternoon until Friday evening, however a small group of customers experienced intermittent email issues over the weekend until Monday morning.

The outage was caused by a failure affecting the storage system, through which the email systems operate.

This issue and your feedback has been taken very seriously by our business. We understand and apologise for the inconvenience and frustration caused by this issue.

Dear Moderator

What compensation is TPG offering its customers for such a major failure in the so called service they provide?

tippo16
Level 2

I did not doing various tests receive any emails from Wednesday afternoon until Saturday night. However, just as importantly, I am unable to send any emails as I get the message "cannot connect to sent server".  As at 9:30pm Tuesday, I am still unable to send emails which connect to the server.

This morning, I spent an hour or so speaking to one of the email team doing various tests with no success.  Tonight I spent nearly an hour doing the same tests as before.

What a  waste of time! I had thought that I could be connected with the group with whom I spoke earlier in the day. I was talking to the regular front line advice doingthe same checks as before. After 45 minutes , I said that my wife had dinnr ready for me and was told that I should leave my mobile open so that somebody could talk to me soon or whenever. 

All that was a waste and I was no further advanced. I had asked several people to check my settings on Microsoft Outlook but was told that as this is a third party, I should call Microsoft. I was given a number to call but that was just recorded messages so after 20 minutes holding listening to messages and music, I gave up. 

All this was not much help or at least success and several hours of my life wasted. 

And TPG says all is now well, not in my book TPG. Help has been so disappointing and this customer of over twenty years standing is left to languish.

Not happy TPG!! 

Tippo16

Joseph_D

@captainphil  Thank you for raising your concerns. We are looking into the details of your post so we can improve our service. One of our representative will respond to https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Is-anybody-still-having-issues-SENDING-email/m-p/...

@tippo16 I don't see an e-mail issue on your particular TPG server yesterday or today

To test if the issue is with the e-mail client or TPG, I normally send & receive e-mails through Webmail or TPG Post Office https://www.tpg.com.au/home/postoffice

E-mail client settings can be found on https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Setting-up-email-on-your-Windows-10-and-Mac-Mail-...

I'll have a senior tech contact you directly to provide further assistance.

@Vicpro , @PaulLeonard , @Dante , @pelli69  Our team will contact you directly to discuss the concerns you have raised on this thread.

Dear All,

We'll be closing this thread off as e-mail outage is now fixed.

Send our team a Private Message or create new threads if you would require further assistance.

Cheers,
Joseph D