TPG Community

Get online support

Upload speed to slow at 0.3mbps

82nick02
Level 2

My upload speed has been extremely slow lately. I ran a test (see attached) which came back at 0.3mbps. What should the upload speed be on my plan? As this is ridiculously slow. I am on the basic bundle $60 a month plan. I am using the modem that was supplied by TPG.Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 11.16.17 am.png

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @82nick02 . Use the speed test on TPG's support page. It shows down and up speeds. Use a computer connected by cable to router. If only wifi device, run test close to the router.

Login to My Account, Plan & Contract details. It shows your NBN connection type and the plan speed.

82nick02
Level 2

Thank you @david64 

I am on the:

NBN FTTN Broadband SL Bundle Standard Plan. The TPG speed test came back as an upload speed of 0.8 mbps This is using Wifi close to my modem. Is there any way for me to increase this speed? 

Thanks for your help. 

david64
Level 15

Hi @82nick02 . What NBN speed plan are you on? NBN12, NBN25,...?

Which wifi band are you using for the test, 2.4G or 5G?

With FTTN, speed is affected by distance from node. Login to your router's admin system. Look at the DSL info. It shows the max and current up and down speeds on the telephone line to the node, and other characteristics. A line fault could stop the router from getting full speed.

Ping time of 54 ms is too slow in any case.

Ahra_G

Hi @82nick02

We'd like to check what can be done to improve your speeds. 

You may also check some of our Community articles which may be related to your issue:

Slow speed issue
Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home
Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it?

We have also created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage How to Check for NBN Network Outage

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G