Upload speed

Hankshackelford
Level 2

Hi, I am on the NBN 25 unlimited plan, I upgraged to this about a year ago from the NBN 12 as I required a faster upload speed.

The upload speed was usually close to 5 megabits per second (adequate for my requirements), however I have noticed recently that it tests less than 1 megabit per second, It has consistently tested at this speed, it seems as though it has been permanatly limited to be less than 1 mbit/s

Has the NBN 25 plan changed to a reduced upload speed?

Will upgrading to NBN 50 plan provide faster upload speeds?

3 REPLIES 3
Angeli

Hi @Hankshackelford

There are many factors that could affect your service speed. What troubleshooting have you done so far? 

-Angeli

Hankshackelford
Level 2

I have viewed the article about diagnosing slow internet connections that is pinned, according to this my download speed is within acceptable range, however it does not provide any insight into what an acceptable upload speed is.

I have reset the modem, switched off all devices except 1 and performed many speed tests.

Is it possible that my connection is in fact capped at 1 mbit/s? (NBN 25 plan)

What are the expected upload speeds for the various plans? (particularly NBN 25 versus NBN 50)

I am happy to upgrade, however I am satisfied with my current download speed, and TPG do not seem to advertise the upload speeds, so I am unsure if upgraging my account would resolve this problem.

Angeli

Hi @Hankshackelford

The maximum upload speed for NBN25 is 5Mbps whilst for NBN50, it is 20Mbps. Know that your uploads are being shared to other connected devices. The more device uses to send files and make calls, the more substantial your upload allowance will need to be.

Have you tried to test the upload speed via wired connection (using an ethernet cable)?