TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP Service Number from another state

BigMal
Level 2

When I moved from NSW to QLD I assumed my Sydney phone number would be changed to a Queensland number as part of the relocation.  I ended up with a 08 WA/SA phone number.  I was told that moving my previous 02 number wasn't possible so they gave me the 08 number.  I asked for a QLD 07 number and told that it was totally luck of the draw where the number came from.

Anybody else had this?  For friends and family the number doesn't matter but for everything else like eg. ordering a pizza I am not looking forward to the constant questioning over it.  The overseas helpdesk dont see this as an issue I cant believe no-one else seems to have complained as search didn't show any results.

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @BigMal,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to arrange a call from one of our Senior Technicians to discuss details about your home phone number.

I was able to pull up your account using your community details, kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

Regards,

BigMal
Level 2

Thanks Shane.  The helpdesk got in contact with me.  Hopefully in the next 24 hours I will have a more appropriate phone number.  Best contact for me is my mobile which is in my account profile details.

ta

Mal

Shane

You're welcome @BigMal,

We raised this to our Escalation Team for further investigation, assessment may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided where is possible.

Regards,

Erika

Hi @BigMal

We've tried to get in touch with you yesterday however, it seems that you've missed the call. 

Please be advised that we've now successfully change your homephone number. 

I've sent you a Private Message for details. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Regards, 

BigMal
Level 2

Thanks Erica.  Thats Great.

Erika

You're welcome @BigMal

Let us know should you need further assistance. 

Cheers!