Get online support

VR1600v High Packet Loss after 1 minute of connection, Connection Drops

Dannnnn
Level 2

Dannnnn
Level 2

Shane

Hi @Dannnnn,

Thanks for the additional details. We understand that the issue is not yet resolved since the sockets are still both jumpered to the Telstra Line, aside from the on going drop out issue. We relayed this information to our Engineering Team as it would help them with the on going investigation. We have yet to receive the reports from the onsite tech sent out today. Our Technical Escalations team will contact you directly in order to provide the latest progress.

Cheers!

Dannnnn
Level 2

@Shane 

Just a further update, in case my text didn't get through.

We have made contact with Telstra who have informed us they are unable to send a technician unless there is a fault in their line which is current. In other words they cannot send a precautionary technician which is what you've asked me to call for.

But if you can arrange for a technician to come in this Friday 14/06, then someone will be on the property who is familiar with the tech stuff. Unlike all previous visits where someone has only been there to watch but is not familiar with the tech stuff.

If you could arrange for that we'll see what happens from then.

Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @Dannnnn,

We are unable to request for a Telstra technician, since your service from us is already under NBN. We understand that you have a separate service from Telstra, which you may use to raise any issues through them for you to be able to request for a Telstra technician visit.

We understand that our Engineers have booked an NBN technician for further investigation on Friday (14th of June).

Updates will be given by your assigned Engineer once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Dannnnn
Level 2

Unfortunately, after yet another technician visit and hearing the problems first hand, I conclude that we should just end the service.

I understand that it was a contract, however I would expect to leave without any exit fees. The service was halted due to the poor workmanship of a prior NBN technician that repeated follow ups could not rememedy without causing severe outages to our business. So if you want to charge any exit fees, you should look to NBN to pay up because it's their fault we're choosing to leave the service.

PM me who to contact to escalate this and end the billing process.

Thanks for your help on the forums, thanks for your patience.

BasilDV

Hi @Dannnnn,

Our sincerest apologies if the case was not resolved by the NBN technician that we've requested to check the service.

We'll raise your request with our Engineering team and have your case manager to contact you for further discussion.

Thank you for your patience as well.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Dannnnn,

Your assigned Engineer was trying to call you to no avail.

Do you have any preferred time for them to try again?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Dannnnn
Level 2

If you do calls on weekends, anytime. Otherwise Monday afternoon works.

Thanks.

Shane

We will relay this to our Engineering Team and advise them to contact you again tomorrow.