VX420-G2h modem

1964pmmes
Level 2

VX420-G2h modem. So I have had this modem since 09/21. The 4G light has always been green since this date and this week its gone out. every now and then the 4G light goes on to red then about 5 minuites later its out. The 2.4GHz and the 5GHz lights have always been green.

I have done a reset through the button on the back, I has done a reboot through the online portal  and switched the moden off and on yet the 4g light does not come back on yet I seem to have internet connection. The upload is 3.41mbps, download 1.01mbps..

Why is the 4g light not on anymore?

5 REPLIES 5
alanguide
Level 7

Those figures are extraordinary. What are they normally?

1964pmmes
Level 2

Extradinary high or low. Ive never checked this till the 4G light has gone out and stayed out.

alanguide
Level 7

Incredibly low! But if you are still connected it must still be working. Confirm what plan you are on and whether you have any connection by line (to socket). What is connected to the back of your 420? Also are you using Ookla to test speed?

1964pmmes
Level 2

thanks for the Ookla speed test . just did it again with Ookla  and 20.2 download mbps , upload 1.92 mbps.

as for the cable I have one ethinet cable  from the "power box" of the mac to the modem and another ethinet cable to the security system.

As far as I am aware this is a wireless system.

BasilDV

Hi @1964pmmes 

What are you currently experiencing? 

The speed that you are getting is within range if you are with our Home Wireless Broadband.

BasilDV