TPG Community

Get online support

Very Slow Internet

Highlighted
Level 1c
Level 1c

Hi

My internet is very slow and intermediately stops working. What can be done to get it back to the normal speed?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi @DTD 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

Highlighted
Level 1c
Level 1c

PM sent, thanks

Highlighted

Thanks for your PM. The line tests I have run have all came back passing with no clear fault on the line, other than the low sync rate. I have reset your port and the sync speed improved a little from 1.1Mbps to 1.7Mbps.

Can you please confirm or try the below troubleshooting steps?

-Have you made any recent changes to your setup? Eg moved the modem to another socket?
-Do you have a phone handset to test your dialtone? Please check to see if the dialtone is clear
-Does your modem phone cable plug directly into your phone socket? If not, can you please try this?
-Can you try another phone cable from the modem to your phone socket? Trying to use a phone cable under 3m
-How many phone sockets do you have in your house?
-Have you tried your modem on another phone socket?

-Have you got another modem you can test with?

Regards,

Karl

Level 1c
Level 1c

Hi

Thanks for your help. Answers below:

-Have you made any recent changes to your setup? Eg moved the modem to another socket? - No, none.
-Do you have a phone handset to test your dialtone? Please check to see if the dialtone is clear - No, unfortunately not.
-Does your modem phone cable plug directly into your phone socket? If not, can you please try this? - Yes it does.
-Can you try another phone cable from the modem to your phone socket? Trying to use a phone cable under 3m. I've tried a spare cable (approx 5cm) and it appears no different.
-How many phone sockets do you have in your house? - One addtional socket.
-Have you tried your modem on another phone socket? - Yes. i have just tried another socket and it doesn't appear to be any better.

-Have you got another modem you can test with? - No, unfortunately not.

After having turned it off to move and follow the above troubleshoot, there is no internet at all depsite being connected to the modem.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi @DTD 

Thanks for confirming the above details. Your modem is showing that it has been connected for the last 6 minutes, so a little odd you no longer have internet.

I have requested for one of our Helpdesk Team members to give you a call later today.

Regards,

Karl

Highlighted
Level 1c
Level 1c

Hi @KarlB 

Thanks. It has started working again but it very slow. 

Annotation 2020-08-20 113029.png

Thanks for your help.