Very Slow Internet

DTD
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

My internet is very slow and intermediately stops working. What can be done to get it back to the normal speed?

6 REPLIES 6
KarlB

Hi @DTD 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

DTD
Level 2
Level 2

PM sent, thanks

KarlB

Thanks for your PM. The line tests I have run have all came back passing with no clear fault on the line, other than the low sync rate. I have reset your port and the sync speed improved a little from 1.1Mbps to 1.7Mbps.

Can you please confirm or try the below troubleshooting steps?

-Have you made any recent changes to your setup? Eg moved the modem to another socket?
-Do you have a phone handset to test your dialtone? Please check to see if the dialtone is clear
-Does your modem phone cable plug directly into your phone socket? If not, can you please try this?
-Can you try another phone cable from the modem to your phone socket? Trying to use a phone cable under 3m
-How many phone sockets do you have in your house?
-Have you tried your modem on another phone socket?

-Have you got another modem you can test with?

Regards,

Karl

DTD
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

Thanks for your help. Answers below:

-Have you made any recent changes to your setup? Eg moved the modem to another socket? - No, none.
-Do you have a phone handset to test your dialtone? Please check to see if the dialtone is clear - No, unfortunately not.
-Does your modem phone cable plug directly into your phone socket? If not, can you please try this? - Yes it does.
-Can you try another phone cable from the modem to your phone socket? Trying to use a phone cable under 3m. I've tried a spare cable (approx 5cm) and it appears no different.
-How many phone sockets do you have in your house? - One addtional socket.
-Have you tried your modem on another phone socket? - Yes. i have just tried another socket and it doesn't appear to be any better.

-Have you got another modem you can test with? - No, unfortunately not.

After having turned it off to move and follow the above troubleshoot, there is no internet at all depsite being connected to the modem.

Thanks

KarlB

Hi @DTD 

Thanks for confirming the above details. Your modem is showing that it has been connected for the last 6 minutes, so a little odd you no longer have internet.

I have requested for one of our Helpdesk Team members to give you a call later today.

Regards,

Karl

DTD
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @KarlB 

Thanks. It has started working again but it very slow. 

Annotation 2020-08-20 113029.png

Thanks for your help.