TPG Community

Get online support

Very poor internet connection

Bearfred
Level 2
For years I have had reasonable internet connection but after a planned outtage on the 7th April 2022 I have had very limited in fact mostly no connection why did tpg send me a new connection help plan we have had the NBN through TPG for many years until your planned outtage on the 7th April, my end of the connection wi_fi and NBN all display ok but all we get is connected no internet .Please explain that
5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi @Bearfred

What type of NBN technology do you have there?

Bearfred
Level 2

we have fttp with a NetComm wireless router, since a planned outage on the 7th April our 2 main devices that we used to brouse the internet or check facebook are a tablet and a mobile phone, before 7th April all worked well no problems since then we can only connect every now and then for a few minutes and then no internet some times for hours  the only device that seems to work is a laptop that we rarely used but is the only thing that we can use to check emails. It our devices when they drop out says connected no internet some times they also say cant find a ip-address, the wireless router and broadband displays indicates all working as they should be,

On Monday morning I recorded the connection on my tablet it goes as follows 6.43am no internet 6.55am internet, 6.56am no internet, 7am internet left for work returned 3.50pm internet, 3.55pm no internet i gave up then.

I hope that someone can come up with a fix as the tpg rep is all talk he did give me a ticket number 12298698 I asume that means someone is working on it however that was last friday 29th April

Angeli

Hi @Bearfred

I've asked our Engineering Team to give you a ring regarding the on-going issue. If you have a preferred callback time today, just let me know.

Regards,

Angeli

Bearfred
Level 2

Hi I received a new loaner wireless router on Friday 6th May from Tpg, (thank you for the quick response and delivery,) tried it with the same results connected no internet the NBN box displays all ok the new router displays all ok 

Now I will start at the beginning

on wednesday 30th March I received a text message as follows, (TPG: NBNCo. Planned maintenance in your area between 12am - 6am from 07-04-22 to 07-04-22 and this may affect your NBN and phone service at "my address" Mayfield) .

That is when this problem started. It would seem that whatever the maintenance carried out may have compromised my connection. unless this is just a coincidence the time frame justs fits exactly.

I think even if I changed service providers the problem would still exist unless some one fixes it, 

all our devices work ok on other free or friends Wi-Fi connect NBN

Regards Fred

Shane

Hi Bearfred.

We ran an initial test to the connection it shows the modem is connected to the internet. We'd like to confirm what devices are having issues, using the new modem/router are you able to connect the devices to the new Wi-Fi/Wireless network? 

Regards,