TPG Community

Get online support

Very slow upload speed

wywingyip
Level 2

Hi there,

I am in the middle of a process of upgrading my ADSL2+ plan to NBN50 and I am awaiting strata approval to proceed with the installation. In the recent weeks I had observed very slow upload speeds capping at 0.26 Mbps - 0.8 Mbps even when connected via LAN, even at ADSL2+ plans this is below the expected speed. This is the speed test results I had for today http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/a2eb1a20-3047-11eb-9a2e-c9935fe7ec8e

I work from home and I really need faster upload speeds in order to work while I wait for strata approval in order to install the NBN connectors for an upgrade, could you please look into this issue for me? 

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @wywingyip ,

An ADSL2+ connection has a maximum download speed of up to 20 Mbps download and upload speed to 1mbps. Getting 0.8 Mbps is still considered passing.

Once the installation of NBN is done, you should be getting up to 20 Mbps upload speeds with TPG NBN50.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

wywingyip
Level 2
Hi Shane,

Despite the speed test returning upload speed of 0.8Mbps what I am experiencing is much slower. For example, uploading a 760MB file to Google Driver or other file sharing services would take over 2 hours to only upload 7MB. This is the same when I am connected to the LAN line. Could you please check my connection on your end?

Thanks
wywingyip
Level 2
Furthermore, when I was uploading any files, I experience almost an outage on any downloads, because the connection would intermittently cut off, websites can not be browsed and video calls get disconnected.

Can you please assist with the issues?

Thanks
Shane

Hi @wywingyip,

Shoot me a private message with your Account details (Username/Customer ID) together with your best contact number and preferred time we'll have one of our Technicians contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Regards,

Hi Shane,

Despite the speed test returning upload speed of 0.8Mbps what I am experiencing is much slower. For example, uploading a 760MB file to Google Driver or other file sharing services would take over 2 hours to only upload 7MB. This is the same when I am connected to the LAN line. Could you please check my connection on your end?

Thanks
wywingyip
Level 2

Thanks Shane,

I have sent you a private message now.

Shane

Hi @wywingyip,

Thanks for sending me your details, we arranged one of our Technicians to contact you on Monday between 3-5PM AEDST. Make sure to keep your mobile available for the call and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Thanks Shane,

I have sent you a private message now.