TPG Community

Get online support

Very slow upload speeds

evie
Level 2

Hi there,

I'm experiencing poor upload speeds that don't meet the basic requirements to allow for online exams, video chat, or calls. My speed doesn't get above 0.76Mbps and I need it to reach, at very least, 1.5Mbps.

Any suggestions? I'm in Thomastown, VIC, and don't seem to have any other issues, there haven't been any outages that I'm aware of, and I've disconnected any wifi linked devices before testing.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @evie 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and found out that your plan is under ADSL2+.

For the ADSL2+ service, the upload speed is up to 1Mbps only. The upload speed that you received via speed test is within range.

If you would like to get more upload speed, then you need to upgrade to our NBN service.

Your address is NBN ready and we have packages that start from as little as $29.99 per month.

Our best NBN bundle deal at present is our Unlimited Data Plan configured on the Fast NBN50 speed tier.

We are literally selling hundreds of these plans each day as they provide:

1. Unlimited data with a Typical Evening Speed of 42.6Mbps which is great for multiple users at the same time, HD streaming and gaming. (With up to 20 Mbps Upload speed.)
2. Home phone is included so you can bring across your existing number if you have one.
3. A great Dual Band AC WiFi modem is included and;

This plan is only $69.99 per month

Here's a guide in choosing the best NBN plan for you.

Advise us if you would like to upgrade your service and will arrange a call from our NBN sales experts for further discussion.

Regards,

BasilDV