Web access to email

SOLVED Go to solution
david64
Level 15

Access to email via browser (https, port 443) is unavailable from 3am (Sydney) each morning for an unknown length of time, possibly until 3:50am. The logon screen accepts my userid and password but nothing further happens. If I enter an incorrect userid/pw, I get an proper error message.

After a while, I get a "504 Gateway timeout" message.

Some time after that I get the following:

Database Connection Failed
Atmail could not communicate to the database resulting in an error. To continue please check the following:

Database username and password are correct
Hostname is authorized to connect to the database server
The software has been installed correctly and the database schema created
Validate your database connection details in the file config/dbconfig.ini
The error message returned from the server includes:

SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User atmail already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
Once the database connection details have been resolved, reload your browser to continue with the session.

This happens in IEv11 and Chrome on Win7 and Chrome on 3 different Android devices.

When I retry later on, I only have to refresh the URL in the browser tab and login to access my emails. No need to open a new tab or close the browser.

Windows Live Mail client is not affected as it accesses the mail server directly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @david64, we have received an update from our Postmaster and they are conducting maintenance during the time you experienced the issue.

This is still in progress and there's no estimated time of completion yet. Thus, we'd like to set your expectation that you may still encounter the same issue again.

Nonetheless, we'll do our best to complete the maintenance as soon as possible.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @david64,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details.

We have coordinated this matter with our Post Master and we'll revert to you as soon as an update is received.

Thank you.

Ahra_G

Hi @david64

We would just like to know if you are still experiencing issues with your email? Are you still getting the same error messages? Please do let us know so we can inform our Post Master. 

Thank you! 

david64
Level 15

I tried the web access about 3:05 this morning and it was OK. Checked on Win7 and Android devices.

Can you tell me what caused the original problem?

Riezl

Hi @david64, we have received an update from our Postmaster and they are conducting maintenance during the time you experienced the issue.

This is still in progress and there's no estimated time of completion yet. Thus, we'd like to set your expectation that you may still encounter the same issue again.

Nonetheless, we'll do our best to complete the maintenance as soon as possible.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

jeniel
Level 3

I am receiving the same error message Smiley Sad

Riezl

Hi @jeniel, if you are experiencing issues accessing your email. Please be advised that there's an ongoing unplanned outage and you can view further details here: http://tpg.com.au/servicestatus.php?category=31&timeframe=now

We apologogise for the inconvenience.