TPG Community

Get online support

Why can't I enter text in the composition area of my email accounts?

SOLVED Go to solution
aldorex
Level 2

I am unable to enter text in the composition areas of my email accounts.  I can copy text into the composition area but I am unable to enter it manually.  The Send To and Subject areas are fine. Incoming messages/text are OK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aldorex
Level 2

I now have solved my problem.  I changed my browser from Firefox to Chrome and found my email composition was working as it should in Chrome.  So I perceived that the problem must have been related to settings in Firefox.  I inspected those settings and in particular the settings for fonts and colours.  Once I reset those settings to system defaults my email accounts resumed functioning normally in Firefox as well as Chrome.  Thanks for oversight which motivated my searching for cause and solution of the problem.

Regards

aldorex

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @aldorex ,

Welcome to the community!

We'd like to confirm if the issue occur on our Post Office, also please post a screen shot of the error message.

We'll wait for your response.

Cheers!

aldorex
Level 2

There is no error message just the inability to enter text in the standard email compositon area, either replying to an email received or composing a fresh email.

aldorex
Level 2

Further to my earlier response, I have discovered that if I move to the composition area and start typing nothing appears in the composition area but if the email is sent, the "invisible" text is seen by the recipient.

Shane

Thanks for the additional details, @aldorex. Please confirm if this issue occur using our TPG post office or if you are using a 3rd party email client.

To better understand the situation, PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Regards,

aldorex
Level 2

I now have solved my problem.  I changed my browser from Firefox to Chrome and found my email composition was working as it should in Chrome.  So I perceived that the problem must have been related to settings in Firefox.  I inspected those settings and in particular the settings for fonts and colours.  Once I reset those settings to system defaults my email accounts resumed functioning normally in Firefox as well as Chrome.  Thanks for oversight which motivated my searching for cause and solution of the problem.

Regards

aldorex

Shane

Hi @aldorex,

Thanks for sharing this information and we're glad to know that the issue has been resolved. In case you will experience any queries in the future do not hesitate create a new thread here in our community.

Cheers!