TPG Community

Get online support

Wireless home broadband underperforming.

SOLVED Go to solution
JordanJD
Level 3

Hi TPG,

first 24 hrs and the wireless home broadband is absolutely underperforming.

mulitple speed tests registering in the 1.5 - 5mbps DL range relative to 7-10mbps of the concurrent NBN12 plan. Speed testing via TPG.

Upload speed is faster 1.5mbps vs sub 1 mbps of the NBN 12.

what options can I do to get closer to spec? I did note an Aerial was included and advised not to use unless instructed. Would that help? Currently service is not as advertised. 

Not impressed so far. 

Please advise, I will make changes and post results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JordanJD
Level 3

Hi Basil, 

Thanks for replying. 

I have found much improvement in relocating the Router to clear line of sight with outside. 

I was stuck on NBN mindset, and was not thinking clear line to best mobile signal. 

Cheers

Jordan 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @JordanJD

Thanks for raising this with us.

What troubleshooting have you done so far? Have you tried relocating the modem/router?

Using the Aerial or antenna will need to be checked by our Tech team to confirm if it is necessary.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

JordanJD
Level 3

Hi Basil, 

Thanks for replying. 

I have found much improvement in relocating the Router to clear line of sight with outside. 

I was stuck on NBN mindset, and was not thinking clear line to best mobile signal. 

Cheers

Jordan 

Shane

We are glad to know that the connection improved after relocating the router, feel free to create a new thread here in the community for any inquiry in the future, cheers! 

Hi Basil, 

Thanks for replying. 

Cheers

Jordan