TPG Community

Get online support

bad connection for online gaming

SOLVED Go to solution
jerrymeighan
Level 2

when i play multipayer online gaming i always have a red bar showing that my connection is bad?who should i ask to fix this problem??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WayneR
Staff
Hi jerry,

I have a 100mbps Service with Speedtests at 98mbps however I still have that red bar with over 300ms Ping.

The reason for that is the server i am connecting too is in the US and unfortunately it loses a lot of latency when connecting to the US Server.

I even went to the extent of using google DNS to no avail

Tell the community a little more about your connection?

What connection are you running? what speeds is that connection (Speedtest.net from local tpg/iinet/internode/apt mirror) Where is the host server held? Is there any local mirrors? Have you tried to ping/tracert the host server and see how many hops you are travelling and does it look weird? Eg hopping from Mel to Perth to Syd to US?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Link
Level 2

Hi @jerrymeighan

I have exactly the same issue and I'd like to know...
Are you able to get a good speed with your Internet?
Do you also have a slow connection on other devices?
How are you connecting with your devices?wired or wireless?

DBT

WayneR
Staff
Hi jerry,

I have a 100mbps Service with Speedtests at 98mbps however I still have that red bar with over 300ms Ping.

The reason for that is the server i am connecting too is in the US and unfortunately it loses a lot of latency when connecting to the US Server.

I even went to the extent of using google DNS to no avail

Tell the community a little more about your connection?

What connection are you running? what speeds is that connection (Speedtest.net from local tpg/iinet/internode/apt mirror) Where is the host server held? Is there any local mirrors? Have you tried to ping/tracert the host server and see how many hops you are travelling and does it look weird? Eg hopping from Mel to Perth to Syd to US?