TPG Community

Get online support

broadband disconnected whilst on financial hardship

taeve
Level 2

Hi guys, I was approved for financial hardship last friday or saturday (12th or 13th June 2020). Since then my internet and my account has been disconnected on wed 17th even though I have been approved for financial hardship some days before this. Yesterday, thursday 17th, I tried to contact customer support online about my issue via live-chat. live-chat told me to ring financial hardship. I rang financial hardship. they said I had definitely been approved for financia hardship and I should call customer support. I called customer support and was told that my account was fine. they then gave me what I suspect is a fake employee number, which I can quote if needed. at some point they transferred me but assured that I would be called back. I rang customer support again later that evening before the day was over. after multiople transfers and re-telling my story, giving personal details, and account information many times I eventually was told that my account was maybe fine, maybe not, oh, now it's cancelled even though I am on financial hardship. I now owe a $315 disconnection fee too.... 

So now they tell me that I have to sign up to a new account if I want Internet at all??? I need to get back to working from home so I need the internet for income.. Plus the kids were a huge pain haha. So I had to sign up again hoping to be re-connected in order to work today. this cost $100 but they said they would remove the $314 disconnection fee (which I believe is not my fault).

It is 12:20pm on friday 19th june and I still have no internet connection through tpg/broadband. None of this was my fault and Ive had to spend 2 days not working and 1 whole day on the phone and the internet trying to find out what's going on. Is this normal? I'm very upset with the way that TPG has handled this situation.

10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @taeve,

Welcome to the community! 

Thanks for raising this to us. I sent you a Private Message related to this issue.

I'll wait for your response, cheers! 

taeve
Level 2

taeve
Level 2

taeve
Level 2

I will copy paste some of my interactions as evidence. I hope you record the phone calls for training purposes like you claim to, it would help me out a lot.....

Hi, my account number is xxxxxx
my name is taeve kieth
i am the account holder
I have been approved for financial hardship last saturday
i rang back today to confirm this. I have indeed been approved fror financial hardship.
I have been disconnected last night and sent an invoice for roughly $314...
I rang tpg many times, only to be disconnected, hung up on and told lies, bull** and fake employee numbers...
One told me that if i cant remember what type of financial hardship i was approved for then we cant move forward in this conversation, after several attempts for me to offer alternatives. the number for this conversation was 81543472. she was not helpful lied a lot, kept going round in circles... go ahead listen to the conversation urself if it's all recorded. please listen to all of my converstaions. earlier today i was told by financial hardship that I have definitely been approved... go ahead, hear the converstion if you are recording for quality puropses....
next person, after 3 transfers, told me that their employee number is 1172. and he was definitley going to call me back he said. please, go and re-listen to this converstaion if it is recordedd for quality purposes.
next person was jess, employee number 11593. after i called again and being transferred multiple time and telling my story and verifying my account and id multiple times. she pretended to transfer me and just hung up after 10 mins of being on hold....
please reconnect my internet.

taeve
Level 2

can I delete a reply???

taeve
Level 2

taeve
Level 2

Do you see how this moight have affected  my ability to work for three days?

whilst I was disconnected for no reason?????????????/

taeve
Level 2

I was disconnected for no reason, whilst I was on Finacial hardship and forced to reconnect to hopefully get internet so I could work!!!!!!!!! I started trying to save converstaions after peoploe started to mess with me and lie about employee id numbers. I can share what I hsave saved. You guys claim to record converstaions for training purposes. I'd like to hear my converstaions again so I can show you where TPG admin have failed to provide a service. I would like to contact the Ombudsman, All requests to find information to contact the ombudsman have been denied

taeve
Level 2

This is absolutely disgiusting customer service