TPG Community

Get online support

cancel my account NOW

pikky1993
Level 3

Just like other customers, TPG has been extremely horrible in their lack of response in the last 1.5 months. Recognizing this is lockdown situation, yet it is unbelievable that the company of that size cannot overcome the call to change the way in doing business.

My internet has been wrongly connected to a different unit on March 11,  and since then multiple chats, calls, email attempts felt like going into a black hole. Empty promises every time. One neeeded to have an extreme patience to get somebody in TPG responding to the chats and calls, it was a horrendous experience. Then I wrote in on March 23 to terminate my account and seek refund. Yes, since then, again after multiple useless chats, phone calls, emails, noone emails back nor calls back. I spent so much time trying to reach them. Empty promises again, saying that my request will be attended. No, nothing. To put salt on the wound, TPG deducts another new month of internet subscription, that no service whatsoever has been rendered till now. 

Hello, is anybody working ? This is my account 5855211, deal with it! It has been a 1.5 month saga, and you can't resolve my little request? Feels like a rip-off. TPG despite its name and size is completely a joke! 

My next move is to write in to Victorian Ombudsman.

16 REPLIES 16
David_M

Hi @pikky1993 

Before cancelling, do you mind if i ask what seems to be your problem and is there anything i can assist you with?

You can post here or PM(Private Message) me for a private discussion about your service.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble-shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Kind regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @pikky1993 

Would you like us to sort out your issue, or go ahead and cancel your account?

The address on the account where this FTTP 50/20 is U706 3051.

Thanks,

pikky1993
Level 3

Dear David, please read through my case in my customer ID. I have written many emails, called and chatted a dozen times. Every time I repeated my detail, my issues, my request for cancellation and of course I need my refund. Every time I was told someone from cancellation will call or email, those same promises were made for almost a month. Yet, I can tell you, noone calls, noone emails. 

So do my read my case please, cancelation request has been made on March 23 (mind you, a month ago), please refund me the money that has been deducted without any whatsoever service rendered. Unbelievable hardship and waste of my time trying to reach TPG.

Thank you that I finally get someone to respond to me.

pikky1993
Level 3

David_M, 

let me repeat, I have written an email to TPG on March 23 to cancelation my account. The CS officer I managed to talk to has informed me that the case manager has sent a note to cancelation department for waiver of the termination fee before Good Friday.
I do not need to fill up another form, TPG has received my multiple emails sent to cancel@TPG.com.au and tpg_cs@TPG.com.au, and other IDs.

Please look at my emails sent to TPG every few days begging for someone to respond or to call. Noone did!

David_M

Hi @pikky1993 

I have escalated this DIRECT to our cancellations officers.

Someone should call you back ASAP to sort out your concerns.

Sorry it didn't end well, but there's still hope if u want us to sort it out.

regards,

David_M

pikky1993
Level 3

David_M,

do TPG supports read email of their customers?  I have just received email from adsl_cancel regarding cancelation (today!) and wanting to debit further. This is ridiculous, first of all, I was going to move to NBN when the problem occured. I seek refund of the connection fee and two month subscription, not to pay more to TPG. Please facilitate the discussion with the cancelation team. Thank you.

pikky1993
Level 3

Dear David_M, 

please help to facilitate, thank you.

I have replied to the adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au email that wanting to deduct more money for me,nwith cancellation, and the email ID bounced as the client address blocked.

How to communicate in this instance? cancel@tpg.com.au never responded, and now adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au email seemed to have problem.

Appreciate your help and response soonest.

pikky1993
Level 3

Dear @David_M

do TPG supports read email of their customers?  I have just received email from adsl_cancel regarding cancelation and wanting to debit further. This is ridiculous, first of all, I was going to move to NBN when the problem occured. I seek refund of the connection fee and two month subscription, not to pay more to TPG. 

please

Dear @David_M 

I have replied to the adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au email that wanting to deduct more money for me with cancellation, and the email ID bounced as the client address blocked.

How to communicate in this instance? cancel@tpg.com.au never responded, and now adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au email seemed to have problem.

Appreciate your help and response soonest.

David_M

Hi @pikky1993 

I get your frustration.

We here are ''front of house'' type forum modertators. Our scope of resolving complex issues are limited and as such we can only direct your concern to other departments, with a sense of urgency.

I have forwarded your issue to the correct department. Someone will address your concerns ASAP.

Thanks,