TPG Community

Get online support

constant disconnections getting worse

SOLVED Go to solution
inggs0
Level 2

I am now getting frustrated with the  constant disconnection of my nbn connection. 

I have been putting up with this thinking that my IP was just changing, but it is getting too bad now .

Comments from TPG needed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
inggs0
Level 2

Good day 

My NBN issue has beed finaly  resolved after a second visit from a technician. The fault  was a faulty line from the node +- 800 mtrs from my home. The most ironic thing is  we actually have a node less than 100 mtrs from my home in the opposite direction.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @inggs0,

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, customers can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn-fttn/problems_connect_internet_nbn_fttn

Further investigation may be required to identify what is really dropping out as it could be the Wireless connection, if you're connecting all your devices via Wi-Fi.

Wireless dropout can be eliminated by using a wired connection. If the connection will not drop on a wired device, it is likely a wireless drop outs issue and we recommend having a read of this community article which may help improve the wireless connectivity performance : Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

In your case, the synchronization between the node and the modem is unstable and we have identified a fault on the line causing this. NBN technician has been booked to fix the issue.

inggs0
Level 2
Your NBN technician came to the house did his thing and told us that he would be monitoring it.
It is no better and if anything is worse.
I would like this to be repaired as soon as possible as I depend on it for carrying out our business.
As. Long term customer of TPG I expect better.
Please comment
Riezl

Hi @inggs0, we can see that an NBN technician went out and fixed the issue.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

inggs0
Level 2

Good day 

My NBN issue has beed finaly  resolved after a second visit from a technician. The fault  was a faulty line from the node +- 800 mtrs from my home. The most ironic thing is  we actually have a node less than 100 mtrs from my home in the opposite direction.

Thank you