TPG Community

Get online support

email account in Windows 10

SOLVED Go to solution
gsrobertson
Level 2

Cannot get Mail in Windows 10 to sync with TPG account. Works too / from TPG post office but not Win10 mail. Can't get through to TPG phone support after waiting for very long times, so trying this avenue. Your advice please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gsrobertson
Level 2

Thanks David64, your question has made me remember how the problem was solved originally.

Answer as follows:

Go to TPG support page, email settings

There is no page for Windows 10 Mail,so use the page for Microsoft Outlook 2010.

This page will show all of the required field settings. 

Keep this page open in browser and open your Win 10 MAIL.

Click to open ACCOUNTS

Select ADD ACCOUNT

Scroll down and click ADVANCED SETUP

Select Internet email

Fill in the fields as shown on the browser page 

Leave all the boxes ticked at the end of the entry page.

Select Sign In.

Mail will do the rest and your set up.

Do a couple of test emails in and out to another email account. (such as Hotmail or Gmail)

I have just done this myself and my problem is solved. TPG mail now works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @gsrobertson . Has Win10 mail been working before or has it never worked?

Is there an error message when Win mail tries to send or receive mail?

gsrobertson
Level 2

Hi David64, Yes, I did have the TPG email account working properly in Widows 10 Mail, but my computer spat the dummy and I needed to relace the operating system hard drive and reload everything. Mail is working with the other email accounts but not TPG. If my memory serves me, when I first tried to use TPG mail on Win 10  quite some years ago, I had a similar experience but it was resolved with the help of TPG support. It has not been a problem until now.

The only thing Mail tells me is that my TPG settings are out of date, but the TPG Mailbox works fine and I have re-loaded the TPG Mail account several times into Win10 Mail with no joy. It does not seem to want to sync. I have successfully sent emails to my Hotmail account from TPG Mailbox and vice versa. Just cant get Mail to work with a TPG account loaded.

david64
Level 15

@gsrobertson . What settings are you using in Mail for send  (SMTP) and receive (POP3)?

Server names, port numbers, and security.

gsrobertson
Level 2

Thanks David64, your question has made me remember how the problem was solved originally.

Answer as follows:

Go to TPG support page, email settings

There is no page for Windows 10 Mail,so use the page for Microsoft Outlook 2010.

This page will show all of the required field settings. 

Keep this page open in browser and open your Win 10 MAIL.

Click to open ACCOUNTS

Select ADD ACCOUNT

Scroll down and click ADVANCED SETUP

Select Internet email

Fill in the fields as shown on the browser page 

Leave all the boxes ticked at the end of the entry page.

Select Sign In.

Mail will do the rest and your set up.

Do a couple of test emails in and out to another email account. (such as Hotmail or Gmail)

I have just done this myself and my problem is solved. TPG mail now works.