emails

michael1
Level 3

Often, when I try to send an email with a one page attachment I get the folllowing message after the computer scans through the send movement bar.  All of the email disappears completely but after several minutes it will appear in my sent folder showing as unread and is showing me as the To person receiving it,and the Sent  label from is shown as Unknown.   Any ideas welcome, thanks. Error message is below:

Reporting-MTA: dns; rpt-cro-mail02.tpgi.com.au
Received-From-MTA: DNS; 121-44-28-216.tpgi.com.au
Arrival-Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 17:33:16 +1000
Final-Recipient: RFC822; merrylandsrentals@starrpartners.com.au
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; starrpartners-com-au.mail.protection.outlook.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 5.6.1 Messages of type message/partial are not supported [SY4AUS01FT017.eop-AUS01.prod.protection.outlook.com]
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 17:33:17 +1000

9 REPLIES 9
david64
Level 15

Hi @michael1 .

Does the problem occur using Post Office   OR   an email client (which one)? 

Emails with no attachments are ok?
You say "one page attachment", do you mean a one page Word document, or any type of attachment of any size?

If you use an email client, can you check if there is an option somewhere to break apart mesages over a certain size. If set, disable the feature or increase the value.
michael1
Level 3

It happens randomly irrespective of the size of the attachment and does not happen very often.

I thought the error message might mean that attachments are not accepted by the organsation I am contacting so for "virus prevention" they expect attachment material to actually be copied into the body of the email so it is not separately "opened".  Thank you.

david64
Level 15

@michael1 . Did you check the "break messages apart" option?

I don't think any mail server would ban separate attachments.

Otherwise, send an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au showing the error message.

Shane

Hi @michael1,

Let us help raise this to our Postmaster to better understand the situation, could you send us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Often, when I try to send an email with a one page attachment I get the folllowing message after the computer scans through the send movement bar.  All of the email disappears completely but after several minutes it will appear in my sent folder showing as unread and is showing me as the To person receiving it,and the Sent  label from is shown as Unknown.   Any ideas welcome, thanks. Error message is below:

Reporting-MTA: dns; rpt-cro-mail02.tpgi.com.au
Received-From-MTA: DNS; 121-44-28-216.tpgi.com.au
Arrival-Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 17:33:16 +1000
Final-Recipient: RFC822; merrylandsrentals@starrpartners.com.au
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; starrpartners-com-au.mail.protection.outlook.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 5.6.1 Messages of type message/partial are not supported [SY4AUS01FT017.eop-AUS01.prod.protection.outlook.com]
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 17:33:17 +1000

It happens randomly irrespective of the size of the attachment and does not happen very often.

I thought the error message might mean that attachments are not accepted by the organsation I am contacting so for "virus prevention" they expect attachment material to actually be copied into the body of the email so it is not separately "opened".  Thank you.

michael1
Level 3

On second thoughts, I believe my earlier suggestion re the error is not appropriate because I have had this fail to send occur when I have sent similar emails to my children, family and individuals, not just organisations.  It occurs randomly.

michael1
Level 3

My emails may be only 10 words of text and the attachment a simple receipt.

Shane

Shoot us a PM with your details so we can raise this to our Postmaster to better understand what causes this. 

On second thoughts, I believe my earlier suggestion re the error is not appropriate because I have had this fail to send occur when I have sent similar emails to my children, family and individuals, not just organisations.  It occurs randomly.

My emails may be only 10 words of text and the attachment a simple receipt.

michael1
Level 3

Thank you, I have forwarded the details to the Postmaster.  Just now I find that  the emails go but any non- text in them is simply produced for the receiver as a big mix of numbers, numerics etcand show in my sent folder as sent to me..

Shane

We'll keep an eye on this thread, let us know how it will go. Smiley Happy

Thank you, I have forwarded the details to the Postmaster.  Just now I find that  the emails go but any non- text in them is simply produced for the receiver as a big mix of numbers, numerics etcand show in my sent folder as sent to me..