internet keeps

munga1
Level 2

Just switched over ADSL to NBN on Monday .....{should of stayed on ADSL}

Internet keeps dropping out.....I don't know if the TP-link Modem is faulty or what....but I did ring TPG support this afternoon and spoke to a technician ...We did a hard reset on the modem and he tested the lines, but tonight it had gotten worst with 4-5 outages. What Have I done???? {should of stayed on ADSL}

I have no issues with speed {they have been great}, hence I can deal with slow connections, but not dissconnections. I feel that, I may had made a mistake upgrading to NBN.

I feel the $70.00 nbn doesn't justify the dissconnections.....

Smiley Sad

6 REPLIES 6
frank93
Level 2
I’m having the same issue man changed from adsl to nbn has been dropping out daily sometimes up to 20
Times a day
Had 2 nbn guys come out one replaced the nbn black modem box thing
One replaced isolators and connectors
It was okay for a few days and now it’s doing it again it’s unbelievable , I’ve got two different modems one that tpg supplies and my own and they both do the same thing
htruong
Level 2
I have the same problems since last few weeks. I ve been using their NBN since 2017 but never have such terrible services. Been reported for so many times about the unstable connection, but it’s not being fixed or looked at yet! What is going on TPG !
htruong
Level 2
I have the same problems since last few weeks. I ve been using their NBN since 2017 but never have such terrible services. Been reported for so many times about the unstable connection, but it’s not being fixed or looked at yet! What is going on TPG ! May change to other carriers which provide a wifi 4g modern For internet While NBN connection is down
BasilDV

Hi @munga1 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We were able to locate your account using your Community details and understand that the case has been escalated to our Engineering team.

They've applied some necessary adjustments and your service shows more stable as of the moment. Your assigned Engineer will monitor the case and will provide you updates once available.

Hi @frank93 

Are you still experiencing connection dropouts? We've checked the account and the escalated case was closed since the service has been stable.

Please send me a PM if the issue persists.

Hi @htruong 

We tried to search for your account using your community details to no avail.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

Regards,

BasilDV

munga1
Level 2

I had NBN techincian arrived yesterday morning......

He made some changes to the fibre cables outside of the building.....He did say the isolators looked very old and the original nbn team that came to install my nbn should of replaced it....

At this time, I don't know if there where any dissconnections as such, because I haven't been at home, but I will monitor it during the coarse of this week...

Shane

We're glad to know that @munga1. In case you'll have connection issues with the service to not hesitate to raise it here in our community by creating a new thread. Cheers!