TPG Community

Get online support

internet shaping 32kbps NBN

Level 3

Currently at library as internet is impossible to connect at home due to shaping.

Is it correct that if your internet is shaped to 32kbps it means you don't have access to TPG internet from your home AT ALL?

And the only options are to upgrade to a different plan or pay the monthly fee early before the current billing date which then changes your billing date?

And if your internet is shaped, does that also affect the quality of the home phone line (being VOIP) as well (very fuzzy and hard to hear caller)?

I will check in coming days for any answers.

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @6727296 

Thanks for raising this with us.

Is it correct that if your internet is shaped to 32kbps it means you don't have access to TPG internet from your home AT ALL? - No, you still have am internet connection. However, it's just going to be very slow. Some applications may not be accessible as they may require a faster speed or more bandwidth.

And the only options are to upgrade to a different plan or pay the monthly fee early before the current billing date which then changes your billing date? - You are correct.

And if your internet is shaped, does that also affect the quality of the home phone line (being VOIP) as well (very fuzzy and hard to hear caller)? - The phone service should still work and the quality of the service should not be affected. 

We understand that you've been in touch with our Accounts team and a call has been arranged with our Tech team to check on your service further.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

Level 3

Thank you, BasilDV.
It was my understanding that shaping slows the internet - not cuts off all access to it.
An Accounts team member was the one who told me I have no internet access at all due to shaping.
Somebody needs to train the CSOs more so they don't give incorrect information to users.
I would be okay with just having email accessible - I could get gmail open on Monday and Tuesday
but not even that would load on Wednesday. Hence my call to TPG.
Hopefully the Tech team can find a solution.
As for the phone, I have tried 2 different phones and the problem remains.
Thanks again for your reply.