internet time

bosejohn
Level 2

We are facing issues with time when connected to TPG internet at home.  Canningvale WA 6155. (GMT +8:00)

Every time a laptop or device which has the setting “set time zone automatically” connects to TPG internet, the time zone changes to UTC-6:00 US & Canada.

If I connect the same devices in office or to the mobile hotspot using 4G/5G it shows correct time.

Hence I concluded something is wrong with the internet time reference on the TPG connection

I checked the advanced setting on the TP Link TPG model and is set correct  to Perth( see screen shots below). Please investigate and help to resolve this issue

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @bosejohn . Has this automatic setting ever worked on devices connected via TPG?

Or, has it worked in the past and suddenly stopped working?

On an automatic device connected to TPG, go to whatismyip.com to see what it thinks your location is. Then do same when connected to your hotspot.

bosejohn
Level 2

Hi @david64 , The IP is coming as perth WA  for both which is correct. It used to work before and then suddenly a few months back all the computers changed times.

david64
Level 15

@bosejohn . It might be that Windows is using a source that has the wrong time zone for WA TPG addresses. Only other way Windows knows time zone is if you set it in Date and Time program. This program also has automatic setting for daylight saving based on preset dates.