TPG Community

Get online support

modem dropping out

SOLVED Go to solution
peter4161
Level 2

We have been at this address for over 30 years and every 3 or 4 years we have had to get a telstra tech to fix our line - normally a connection not too far from our home causing static. Our line is now with TPG. Some static can be heard using an old basic Telstra handset.

In addition, we have recently experienced CALLER ID not being received by our home phone (Telstra Call Guardian 301) resulting in some legitimate calls being blocked. Could this also be related to a line fault?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peter4161
Level 2

The Telstra technician was back last Friday the 23rd. This time he found a fault in the middle of a cable that runs under a road about 150 metres from home. He transferred our line to a spare cable running under the road. Since then, all problems are gone and the download speed is about 50% higher than I have ever seen - almost unbelievable.

Thanks to all at TPG

peter4161

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @peter4161,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details.

We understand that you were able to contact our Tech team and they've found out a fault on the line which is why they escalated the case to our Engineering team.

Our Engineers have lodged the case to Telstra and they have booked a technician to check your TPG service anytime between now and 21/Nov/2018. You are not required to be on the premises.

They will be in touch once an update is available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

peter4161
Level 2

Hi  BasilDV,

The Telstra technician has just left. He was not able to locate the line fault reported to him because the line static that caused 2 dropouts about 6am this morning is not there at this time. This situation we have experienced on at least one previous occasion.

The Technician has left his mobile number with me so I can call when the static returns.

Thank you for getting the Technician out here so quickly.

peter4161

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @peter4161.

Our Engineering team is monitoring the case as well and will be in touch once we are sure that everything is working the way it should be.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

peter4161
Level 2

The Telstra technician was back last Friday the 23rd. This time he found a fault in the middle of a cable that runs under a road about 150 metres from home. He transferred our line to a spare cable running under the road. Since then, all problems are gone and the download speed is about 50% higher than I have ever seen - almost unbelievable.

Thanks to all at TPG

peter4161

BasilDV

Sounds great! Thank you for the update @peter4161.

We are happy that the issue is finally resolved and the service is now back to normal.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV