nbn 50

chatswood
Level 3

Have only had NBN for a short period & now it appears that you offer double the speed for $10 less than I'm paying now. I've asked someone to contact me regarding this. Long term TPG customer

17 REPLIES 17
IamJaneS
Level 4

Check your download speed before upgrading. I signed up for the big package but was only managing 29mbps download speeds at best. I contacted TPG and they happily dropped me back to the 50. It was pointless me paying the top whack when I was only getting 1/4 of the promised speeds (it has to do with the copper cables or something). This is the link they gave me to check download speed  http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/

chatswood
Level 3

I'm on 25/5 which has now been dropped as a package. i regularly get 17/1.5.....i'm paying $10 more per month & on half the speed...have swapped plans today

IamJaneS
Level 4

You swapped plans when you're only getting 17 or 25mbps download? Upgrading to the 100 package is NOT going to increase your download speed. It's a big misconception on their part and borders on being fraud. If you were signed up for 50 and you were getting 17 or 25, then signing up for the 100 isn't going to get you faster speeds. Believe me, I went through this in depth with them a few days ago, which is why I got them to drop me back from the 100 to the 50. If you are only getting max 25, then you're better staying with the 50. Don't waste your money. It won't work. Not until the lines are upgraded. You will be megaly disappointed.

chatswood
Level 3

no i was only on the 25/5 plan. it's what i had in october when i signed up.that's why i've gone with the nbn 50...& it's $10 cheaper a month that what i'm paying now.....we only dropped the international calls which we dont use

Shane

Hi @chatswood,

How's the speed after your NBN Plan Upgrade? In case you will need a Technical Assistance do not hesitate to let us know.

We are help to help.

Cheers!

chatswood
Level 3

Upgrade doesn't appear to have taken place yet. They did mention2-3 working days

Shane

Hi @chatswood,

Great! Let me know how it will go. Smiley Happy

Cheers!

chatswood
Level 3

day 3 & it appears nothing has happened. have reset the modem a few times in case that is required however I'm still on the same speed as Monday

Shane

Hi @chatswood,

Can you PM me your account details (username/customer ID or contact number associated with it)

I'll have it checked.

Regards,