nbn 50

chatswood
Level 3

PM sent. Hopefully went through to you ok

Shane

Thanks for the details, @chatswood

Initial tests shown there is a possible line issue. I'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians. Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

Regards,

chatswood
Level 3

done

Mc_Gerald

Hi @chatswood,

Our callback request has been acknowledged by our helpdesk team, kindly wait for the call from our technical support.

Thanks!

chatswood
Level 3

lets not go there I just got a call. Two different reasons why my speed cant be improved. Apparently there is an outage in our area which no one knows about & there are still ADSL services sharing the line which affects the NBN & could do for some time. None of which they chose to tell me when I signed up. Luckily I was able to save $10 a month on what I signed up for in October even if there was  absolutley no increase in speed. At least I wasn't like the other poor chumps who signed up for the 100 plan...............how about we start handing out some honest info at sign up time or not bull**ing just to get the contract.

chatswood
Level 3

this mornings effort.......upload spped has been terrble. Never any higher than 2 & usually well below it.

Shane

Hi @chatswood,

Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable. For FTTB and FTTN customers, we will inform you of your maximum line sync speed once available. If you are on a higher speed NBN plan, you have the option to downgrade to a lower speed plan without any penalties. Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

chatswood
Level 3

thank you for your help. I acknowledge that my current speed is far better than my ADSL...believe me dial up couldn't have been any worse. I's just that you aren't given the information about your top available speed when you are looking to sign up. As for changing plans I was on the superceded 25/5 plan which was $10 dearer. No point in dropping back to the 12mbps plan as I get 17-18 now. As I said the whole gripe is with the lack of accurate information at sign up......but I guess that's why it's all run through an overseas call centre.