TPG Community

Get online support

new modem but no internet connection

eigramph
Level 2

Hi,

we just received our new modem and have installed it already. It says it will be automatically configured but we are waiting for more than 2 hours already and nothing is happening. We still donot have internet. Please help asap. 

11 REPLIES 11
KarlB

Hi @eigramph,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

eigramph
Level 2

Hi Karl,

Can you let me know please if you receive my PM. Forgot to send my mobile number. 

Margie

KarlB

Hi @eigramph 

I haven't received a PM from you yet. You can send me a PM by clicking on my username "KarlB" above and clicking "Send a Message"

Regards,

Karl

eigramph
Level 2

it's weird, the system said i already used up the limit of sending messages

KarlB

Hi @eigramph 

I got your PM thanks. Your service is showing on line for the last 3 days. Is this your new modem currently connected to the line?

Regards,

Karl

eigramph
Level 2

No, it still the old modem. I tried to connect the new modem but there's no internet even if I attached a cable directly to my laptop. We cannot even for a day to have no internet because I'm working from home so I connected back the old modem.

KarlB

Hi @eigramph 

Do you want to try connecting your new modem and I'll check to see what it is doing on our end?

What was the reason for replacing your original modem?

Regards,

Karl

eigramph
Level 2

The old modem was already 8 years old and without a wifi booster, we can't maximise the use of internet due to super slow and weak sginal. I was hoping that witht he new modem, it would be better even without wifi booster. 

We can't do it at the moment as I'm currently working. Can we do it later after office hours? 

KarlB

Hi @eigramph 

8 years is a long time to have a modem, it has done well to last that long.

I can request for someone to give you a callback after hours. What time did you have in mind?

Regards,

Karl