TPG Community

Get online support

no internet after power outage

Andrewbax83
Level 2
We had a storm go through around 6:30pm last night in Loganlea QLD, power went out for a second and now no internet. All lights on NBN box are solid no flashing , modem lights are on except internet connection light

I have reset both modem and NBN box multiple times and no change
20 REPLIES 20
Will

Hi @Andrewbax83,

Welcome to the Community!

It appears that your issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team already after you were assisted by our Helpdesk.

Nonetheless, I took the liberty to run some tests to check this further. From what I gathered, your NBN box is actually online, however, it doesn't seem to be detecting the modem.

Please check the status of the lights on the modem itself. The WAN light is supposed to be on. In addition, if you check the back of the NBN Arris box, there should be a light indicator in the UniD port (the port where you can connect the ethernet cord from the modem). If you can't get either the WAN light on the modem to turn green or if there's no light indicator at the UniD port, try and replace the ethernet cable.

Regards,

Will

Andrewbax83
Level 2
Cheers thanks for reply, will check it out when I get home anyway.
Will

Let us know how it goes later on then, @Andrewbax83

Andrewbax83
Level 2
My wife has changed Ethernet cable over the green light is on on back of NBN box no change still no wan light on modem
Will

Thanks for your response.

Our tests show that your NBN box is detecting a device at least, but since your modem doesn't have the WAN light yet, that's the reason why it's not working still.

Can you post a screenshot of the light indicators on the modem?

Andrewbax83
Level 2
Better photo of modem
Will

Thanks for posting the screenshots, @Andrewbax83

It appears that there's a light indicator on LAN1. Is there a computer plugged into LAN1? Or could it be that the Arris box was mistakenly plugged in to LAN1 instead of the WAN port?

Andrewbax83
Level 2
Yes there is a computer plugged in as it doesn't have wifi, definitely not plugged in wrong port. Just told my wife to unplug them and double check still no change. I'm starting to think the modem got damaged in the storm??