TPG Community

Get online support

outgoing emails error

dsomer
Level 3

Like others I suddenly for the last few weeks cannot send emails or reply to them

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User dsomer@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

Now I've been on the internet since the early nineties and with TPG since 2002 and always use Thunderbird but for the life of me I can't understand the instructions posted here as to how to check my settings.

Surely it is possible to post a complete setup procedure which a client can follow step by step.

Hoping this gets a response.

David

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hey, dsomer

Try to check the step-by-step troubleshooting on this article that we made, Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP.

Let us know how it will go. 

Regards,

Like others I suddenly for the last few weeks cannot send emails or reply to them

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User dsomer@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

Now I've been on the internet since the early nineties and with TPG since 2002 and always use Thunderbird but for the life of me I can't understand the instructions posted here as to how to check my settings.

Surely it is possible to post a complete setup procedure which a client can follow step by step.

David

Shane

Hi dsomer,

Just checking should you require further assistance if so please update the thread. 

Cheers!

David