TPG Community

Get online support

persistent ADSL2 connection dropouts at Brunswick Vic Home for 3 plus days

Andrew0123
Level 2

The connection at our home keeps dropping out for approx 30 seconds and reconnecting for about the same time and has done so since Friday night. I have tried many, many times to turn the modem on and off which hasn't helped. The speed is fine when connected. I have tried the 'troubleshoot problems' many times by right clicking on the bottom right connection icon but nothing so far has helped. I am using Wifi and experiencing the problem on both my computer and my dads laptop with the exact same thing occuring.

13 REPLIES 13
Erika

Hi @Andrew0123,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I've searched for your account using your Community details and was able to find a match.

I've checked your account and I can see that you are on our ADSL2+ Standalone service.

Can you please confirm if you are able to make & receive calls properly? Do you hear any noise on the phone?

Andrew0123
Level 2

We can make and receive calls properly and clearly. When I pick up the phone there is a continuous dialtone on both of our phones.

We used to have an alarm system but no longer needing it and when we removed it we were having problems getting the phone to work. 

There is a line splitter too. The modem is located near the phone in the hallway. There are 3 phone sockets there.

Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @Andrew0123,

Thank you for the information.

I'll escalate this with our Engineering team for further investigation. They'll be in touch within 24 to 48 hours via phone call or SMS to the number on your account. If you have a different phone number to be contacted, please give it via PM and we'll pass it to them.

Thank you for your patience.

Riezl

Hi @Andrew0123, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed the latest update.

As advised, a technician has been booked to further investigate the issue.

Please be assured that our Engineering Team is closely monitoring the account and will be in touch as soon as new update becomes available.

Should you need any assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

Andrew0123
Level 2
Hi a technician from Telstra came to our house as you organised a few weeks ago and he said there was a problem with the battery outside. Since his visit there has been very few dropouts as previous however since friday night we are experiencing a very slow connection where It takes 5 or more minutes for a page to load or it doesn't load.
Andrew0123
Level 2
I have tried turning the monitor on and off every 15 minutes. I have tried the troubleshoot problems in the connection area to no success. I am using my phones wifi. it was working for about 15 minutes at 5 am. The power, internet, asdl and WLAN lights are green on our Huawei hg532d home gateway modem but not flashing.
Erika

Hi @Andrew0123

I've went ahead and checked the notes on your account and can see that the last technician has repaired a line fault at the lead in joint which should have fixed this issue. 

Just ran a remote line test and this shows no physical issue on the line. 

But I do still recommend that we have one of our technicians give you a call to resolve your issue as your service may be affected by other factors.

Please let us know your best time and contact number via PM so I can get a technician to call you.

For your reference, please see this link on How do I private message (PM) in the community

Erika

Hi @Andrew0123

Thanks for sending your details via PM. 

I've now arranged a call from one of our technicians today between 4:00pm - 5:00pm. 

Please let us know should you need further assistance. 

Erika

Hi @Andrew0123

I understand that one of our technicians has been in touch. 

Please bump this thread if the issue reoccurs. We're here to help. 

Cheers,