TPG Community

Get online support

setting up alias email on Outlook 2016

SOLVED Go to solution
vstewart
Level 2

I made an alias email on my tpg email account, but I cannot make it work on outlook 2016. outlook is so simplified it tells me nothing of what is going wrong, other than to contact the email administrator. I was able to set up the main email following the info on tpg website wiht no problem, but not the alias.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JovemarL

@vstewart wrote:

I made an alias email on my tpg email account, but I cannot make it work on outlook 2016. outlook is so simplified it tells me nothing of what is going wrong, other than to contact the email administrator. I was able to set up the main email following the info on tpg website wiht no problem, but not the alias.

@vstewart

Remember that the alias is different from your original email user name.

You still have to use the original email username on the logon information

Try this for your outlook 2016

Alias.png

Just change the account type to imap if you have an imap email

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Telecaster
Level 3

Hi @vstewart

You might need to configure the server settings manually and specify the username and password.

Remeber when you create an alias you need to use the same login settings which will be your account username and account password. When you use the setup wizard in outlook and type in your new alias address, outlook would use that as the username which probably causes it to fail.

For example if you created a new alias called iamstewart@tpg then the username name needs to still be your original account login and not iamstrewart.

The email server settings should remain the same mail.tpg.com.au for both outgoing and incoming.

Dont forget the emails that are sent to your alias email address will be delivered to the original email address you created it on. TPG also lets you create new email addresses so that might also be an option for you.

Hope this helps

JovemarL

@vstewart wrote:

@vstewart

Remember that the alias is different from your original email user name.

You still have to use the original email username on the logon information

Try this for your outlook 2016

Alias.png

Just change the account type to imap if you have an imap email