TPG Community

Get online support

slow nbn line speed

freeling
Level 2

Hi I have just downgraded my NBN plan to the standard plan because I have a slow line speed. How do I upgrade my line to actually get "highspeed internet"

DSL synchronization status :

Up
Connection status :
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s) :
Downstream line rate (kbit/s) :
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s) :
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s) :
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB) :
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB) :
Upstream interleave depth :
Downstream interleave depth :
Line standard :
VDSL
Upstream line attenuation (dB) :
Downstream line attenuation (dB) :
Upstream output power (dBmV) :
Downstream output power (dBmV) :
Downstream interleave depth :
None
DSL up time :
5 days 2 hours 14 minutes 7 seconds
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Good day @freeling.

Welcome to TPG Community!

The NBN FTTN speed depends on the speed tier that you have applied and the cable distance that is being used from your premises to the node.

What issue are we experiencing to be exact?

Kind regards,

freeling
Level 2

I am getting 7mbs download speed and even on a higher tier that's the max I could get, TPG suggested I downgrade to save money as the line speed  made higher speeds not possible. My question is this the best speed my current copper wiring will allow me to achieve until the nbn co does a further upgrade to the lines in some distant future time? It's probably only 500 m to the node.

BasilDV

Hi @freeling,

I have run some test and learned that the sync speed that your modem is getting is around 2059.0 kbps Upstream and 13819.0 kbps Downstream.

If the speed that you were getting were the same when you are under higher speed tier, then that's the speed that your copper line can accommodate as of the moment until the NBN upgraded the network.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,