TPG Community

Get online support

tpg upgraded me to nbn 100 plan knowing full well it wasnt available on tpg infrastructure.

travislee75
Level 2

i upgraded to the fttn sl 100 plan 2 to 3 days ago and have been checking on the speed test since getting the email confirming that it had succesfully gone through and was still only getting the same speed as i was on the 50 plan. today i rang tpg to find out what the problem is only to find out that the speed the 100 plan is capable of offering isnt available on the tpg infrastructure in my area which is in Bega NSW. i am very annoyed they just upgraded me without actually checking to see if it was available and how long were they going to continue to charge me the extra $ difference from the 50 plan if i didnt ring and check myself. i dont like being lied to and dont like the fact that tpg werent honest in the first place but after checking with another provider Aussie Broadband, found that they can offer me the 100 plan at my location so am seriously contemplating moving to another provider if that is the case and because of the fact that tpg were dishonest and didnt disclose the fact it wasnt actually available at my location yet were happy to take the extra $ for no extra speed increase...

3 REPLIES 3
Rica_R

Hi @travislee75 , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

travislee75
Level 2

Im responding to BasilDV,

Even though i can go through the nbn co website and they can tell me exactly what speeds are available at my address your change of plan team cannot tell what speeds my connection type is capable of so are happy to put me on whatever plan i request. i dont accept that as an excuse, Im assuming this has happened to others so by now it should be company policy and procedure to check before offering to upgrade to a plan that the connection speed isnt capable of which itself is rediculous and pathetic as the infrastructure should be in place where you can get any speed that the internet providers can offer to anyone no matter where they live. and even though ive brought this issue up and you know my account deatails you still havent put me back to the 50 plan??? Unless the person requests they be changed back you dont do it otherwise. why would i want to stay on a plan that i cant get that speed and am paying more $ for nothing. I think tpg needs to review procedures and policies and stop trying to use excuses that the change of plan team dont know this or that etc etc its not hard for them to check. And if i was stupid and didnt know i can check the speed, id be assuming im getting the speed the 100 plan offers and id be paying extra $ for nothing. So luckily for me i followed this up and found im paying for something i cant get so of course i want to go back onto the 50plan. Ill be getting what im paying for at least!!!

BasilDV

Hi @travislee75

We don't change the NBN plan of our customers automatically, but you may change it online.

You may refer to this article: How to Change NBN Plan Online via TPG My Account

BasilDV