TPG Community

Get online support

upgraded 200Mbps Superfast plan, but speed only have around 90Mbps.

kriskk1118
Level 2

I was notified on September 7 that I had successfully upgraded from NBN50 to NBN Superfast 200 Mbps plan, but today I tested the internet speed and it was only about 90Mbps. my modem router is tp-link ac1200.

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @kriskk1118

We normally recommend to use  a High-Speed NBN BYO Modem specially if you are subscribed to NBN Superfast or Ultrafast plan. 

However, we'd like to check first for any underlying connection issue(s) as I've seen that your plan is properly provisioned to the NBN Superfast. 

Could you please provide your most convenient time to receive a call to have a member of Technical team to get in touch and assist you further? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G 

avt85
Level 4

had the same issue.

despite signing up to the new superfast (discounted) plan. i still got reverted to nbn 50.

i rang tech support today and was told that NBN reverted my connection back from trial connection
so they sent another request to get nbn to connect to the new super fast connection.
this was today morning, they said 24hours to be actioned.

so will see tomorrow. I just thought this would have been automatic since the charge for the new plan was already actioned, account settings confirms the new plan and received email plan already changed over.

it seems like a disconnect between billing and actual plan changes.

avt85
Level 4

Update:

Did notice this morning around 7.30am that the speed was restored back to its formal glory Smiley Happy

After provisioning team start to work on it.