TPG Community

Get online support

why is my internet service keeps on going down?

nadstek
Level 2

whats causeing my router to drop from 250Mb to 3MB speed? I have to always reboot the router to get it back on track 250MB. i'm on the ultra fast plan. do i need to upgrate the firmware or something?

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @nadstek

Welcome to the Community!

Are you connected via WiFi or Wired connection? If via WiFi, are you using the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

What troubleshooting have you performed aside from rebooting the modem/router?

You may also check these articles that may help improve your home WiFi network.

BasilDV

nadstek
Level 2

it doesn't matter either way wifi or cable the drop to 2.4 MB from 300MB occurs on regular basis. as soon as I reboot modem and power back it goes to normal sometimes then open any browser and a youtube, run speed test it drops to around 16MB few seconds later as low as 0.4 MB ive seen.

Tried everything didn't help

Shane

Thanks for the additional details, send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) to better understand the situation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

it doesn't matter either way wifi or cable the drop to 2.4 MB from 300MB occurs on regular basis. as soon as I reboot modem and power back it goes to normal sometimes then open any browser and a youtube, run speed test it drops to around 16MB few seconds later as low as 0.4 MB ive seen.

Tried everything didn't help