winmail

aduke
Level 2

Until yesterday I could email a jpg from my Windows 10 Outlook account on my laptop and open it on my tpg account on my iPhone. It s now attaching them as winmail.dat files. Why is this happening and how does it get fixed. 

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @aduke . If you login to Post Office (webmail) after sending the attachment, how is the attachment shown in the Inbox? If it's a jpeg, problem in iphone. If it's a dat file, problem in Windows end.

If the attachment is sent by Outlook, how does it appear in Outlook's Sent folder and Inbox?

aduke
Level 2

Thanks

If I login to Post Office (webmail) after sending the attachment,  the attachment shown in the Inbox  is a dat file.

If I  send the attachment by Outlook,  it appears in Outlook's Sent folder and Inbox as jpg

david64
Level 15

@aduke . Do a Google search on: outlook attachment dat file

There's Outlook settings affecting attachments.

aduke
Level 2

Thank you very much. All settings were HTML already. Once I removed my email address from the  Automatic complete in TO  inthe email,  I was able to type my email in and it worked. Thank you 

Shane

We're glad to know that @aduke.

In case you'll have queries in the future do not hesitate to create a new thread here in the community.

Cheers!

Thank you very much. All settings were HTML already. Once I removed my email address from the  Automatic complete in TO  inthe email,  I was able to type my email in and it worked. Thank you