TPG Community

Get online support

xbox one s high latency on 5G Home Broadband

marsh1991
Level 2

Hello all. I have just switched from NBN to 5G Home Broadband lately. The speed is great on all my devices except my xbox one s, which has a latency at least 150 ms consistently.

I have tried both wifi and Ethernet. By default the NAT type is always Moderate. After manually changing Network Setting and port forwarding, it will change to Open but the latency remains the same.

The modem is Sagemcom Fast 5866T. I'm wondering if anyone has the similar issue and potentially the solution? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @marsh1991 . Reading about Xbox and NAT refers to uPnP and port forwarding. uPnP lets a computer send commands to router to open ports for the game. Port forwarding is the manual process. Port forwarding and presumably uPnP don't work on 4G/5G wireless broadband, due to CG-NAT. Only outbound connections are allowed.

https://www.tpg.com.au/5g-home-broadband 

Shane

5G is great for most online applications (including casual gaming), but if you require ultra-low latency where every millisecond matters (for example, professional gaming), 5G Home Broadband may not be the right fit for you.

Hello all. I have just switched from NBN to 5G Home Broadband lately. The speed is great on all my devices except my xbox one s, which has a latency at least 150 ms consistently.

I have tried both wifi and Ethernet. By default the NAT type is always Moderate. After manually changing Network Setting and port forwarding, it will change to Open but the latency remains the same.

The modem is Sagemcom Fast 5866T. I'm wondering if anyone has the similar issue and potentially the solution? Thanks.

marsh1991
Level 2

Thanks mate. I'll probably switch back NBN then.