TPG Community

Get online support

Can't call out on home phone after switch to NBN

stevo_g
Level 2

Receive the message "number not available from this service - OCA0163" when calling out on the landline.

Switched to NBN yesterday and it was working afterwards.

Calls in are ok.

15 REPLIES 15
sajalm
Hi,
Welcome to community,
Normal it takes 3 business day to port a number from your existing service to NBN,
Regards,
Sajal
stevo_g
Level 2

Thanks, but it was working yesterday. I've gone from TPG ADSL to TPG NBN and was advised there shouldn't be any interruption to service once NBN was activated.

sajalm

Hi Steve,

If it was working yesterday, it should work, could you pls reboot your modem,

Regards,

Sajal

stevo_g
Level 2

I turned the modem off/waited/on but we still can't call out on the landline.

stevo_g
Level 2

Hi Sajal,

Are you able to raise this internally for assistance?

Regards,

Steve

Ken-C

Hi there stevo_g,

I have sent you another private message, please let me know asap so i can assist. Smiley Happy

Kind regards 

Ken 

panther247
Level 2

Same thing has happened to me. Moved home and NBN was installed on Wednesday 18/11. Home phone was working fine on Thursday, but from yesterday until now, I have been unable to make outgoing calls. I get the same message that you got.

BasilDV

Hi @panther247

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that the status of your phone service is 'Unfinancial'.

This means that you don't have enough credit to make any calls. You may add credit online by accessing your account here.

You may also consider an Add-on for phone calls. Check the plan here.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

panther247
Level 2

Dear BasilDV,

I have been direct-debited monthly for either $69.99, $79.99, $89.99 or $79.99 by TPG for the past 7 years, since 29/7/13. In all that time I have had Massive Talk, Extra Talk or Oz Talk as add-ons. All of these include unlimited local calls, national calls and calls to Autralian mobiles. I have NEVER been "unfinancial" as you imply. When I click on "My Account""Current Balance" it says no outstanding amount to be paid. so I am not unfinancial.

My initial Home Phone prepayment was for $20. Would you please itemise what calls I have made outside my included calls that have used up this $20, resulting in my, according to TPG, having a $0 balance.

While checking my account once again, please verify also what the invoice for $30 on 19/2/2020 and the invoice for $69.99 on 4/3/2020 were for? These deductions were outside my usual monthly direct debits. 

Regards,

Ken Treacy