TPG Community

Get online support

Having problems with house phone (NBN)

Bedici
Level 2

I'm on fttn nbn have been for a while but only recently got a house phone and it's not really working properly. I'm using the ArcherVR1600v modem 

Sometime when I call it from my mobile it will say the lines busy. If the call does go through it will only ring once before this buzzing sound get heard through the mobile. I can seem to call from the housephone although it might take a couple tries as the same buzzing tone from before is heard when it doesn't work although this time through the housephone.  One other thing is when the housephones called it pops up on the desplay as if it's getting two calls from the one number. I tested the phone at a friends house and it worked not sure why its not at home. I was hoping someone in the community might be able to help as I've contacted tpg but they've been very slow.

2 REPLIES 2
Erika

Hi @Bedici 

Welcome to the Community!

I've located your account using your Community details and can see that you've been in touch with our technical team. 

Currently, our line tests does not show an issue with the physical line that would affect you homephone services. 

Nonetheless, your case has now been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation. 

Your case will be under assessment within 24hrs and they will be providing you update via SMS or phone call as soon as additional information becomes available.

If you ever need additional help, please feel free to reach out. 

Regards, 

Erika

Hi @Bedici

I understand that a TPG Field technician has been sent out today and has found out a possible issue with the modem. 

I've chased this now with the assigned engineer and arranged for a call tomorrow, 14 Feb between 10am - 11am VIC to discuss with you their next step in resolving this issue. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Regards,