TPG Community

Get online support

Home Number unavailable

SOLVED Go to solution
b224860
Level 3

Callers getting error message when trying to call home number.

"Your call could not be connected. Please check the number and try again. oca0188"

Cannot also make outgoing calls

(Don't want to post home number on here, but can provide via email on b224860@tpg.com.au)

Probably due to switching off NBN modem/router before leaving on holiday for two weeks.

Switched it back on, on return, Internet worked ok, but no phone facilities.

b224860@L2TP.tpg.com.au (2459106)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
b224860
Level 3

Reply from TPG Helpdesk

"Based on the escalated fault handled by our Engineers, the modem/router's VoIP configuration has been deleted; they reset the VoIP settings remotely which fixed the issue."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
b224860
Level 3

Have been contacted by Niel from TPG. He has attempted repair, but has had to escalate the fault.

Informed him that I have a base station and three cordless phones attached to the TP-Link modem/router.

Substitution with an old Telstra touchfone to determine if the above is faulty has proven negative.

The fault still exists.

Callers getting error message when trying to call home number 08 9447 5588

"Your call could not be connected. Please check the number and try again. oca0188"

Cannot also make outgoing calls. Dial tone exists but after dialling number, a long continuous tone persists.

Internet connectivity is not affected.

TPG Mobile 041 709 0902

webbo
Level 2

Sounds like exact same issue I'm having. Just started either today or yesterday.

b224860
Level 3

Dear  TPG Community - Thanks for the upgrade to level 3.

My problem has been escalated to your Engineering Team.

Can you please advise me of the related fault ticket number.

Email b224860@tpg.com.au

TPG Mobile 041 709 0902

b224860
Level 3

Fault Ticket 10289950 allocated to this fault which has been escalated to Engineering Team

b224860
Level 3
Fault resolved, home phone working again, but no resolution details provided by TPG.
I would like to know the cause of this issue, and the steps taken to resolve it.
andrewjordan
Level 2

hi there. i was wondering if you could let me know how you escalated this issue as my ISP is iinet and i have recently switched over to NBN. Furthermore, I have just moved homes, so I am unsure right now what my best options are. thanks in advance.

b224860
Level 3

Hi there andrewjordan

I initially reported the fault here in TPG Community, & then rang the TPG Helpdesk a day or so later, informing them that all particulars were here present for them to see. Apparently it helped get the message across, as the Helpdesk Team could not fix the issue & escalated the fault to the TPG Engineering Team.

b224860
Level 3

Reply from TPG Helpdesk

"Based on the escalated fault handled by our Engineers, the modem/router's VoIP configuration has been deleted; they reset the VoIP settings remotely which fixed the issue."

Shane

Hi @b224860,

Here is an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you to perform basic troubleshooting for Home Phone Issues. See links below.

On the other hand, based on the escalated fault handled by our Engineers, the modem/router's VoIP configuration has been deleted; they reset the VoIP settings remotely which fixed the issue.

Cheers!