TPG Community

Get online support

Home Phone (FTTB VOIP) Stopped Working After Resetting HG659 (VER.B) Modem

mysyntax
Level 3

Hello Mods,

A remote firmware update and a local hard reset was recently performed on a on a HG659 (VER.B) modem-router with VOIP. However, the VOIP light has gone out and the Home Phone service is no longer working.

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W16A19003017
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B013

Is it possible to also have the modem's configuration/setings updated remotely, whenever convenient?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Joseph_D

@mysyntax Thanks for your inquiry. Not sure about the part about whenever convinient, but you can definitely ask us for a firmware update and we will endeavour to do it as soon as possible, provided that there is a new firmware.

As for your initial concern, we may need to look into this matter more closely. Can you PM your TPG username or customer ID?

Thanks,

Joseph D

mysyntax
Level 3
Hi Joseph,

PM'd...
If you require remote access to the modem then please feel free to go ahead and update/configure at anytime.

Thank you!
Shane

Hi @mysyntax ,

Thanks for sending us your details.

We ran an initial test on your home phone service it shows that your VoIP service is not connected to our network. We'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for real-time test and investigation. Let us know your best contact number and preferred time today.

Cheers!

mysyntax
Level 3

Hi Shane,

I've only just realized the extent of the issue with TPG supplied hardware etc. My mobile phone is waiting for repairs so I diverted mobile calls to the Home Phone (FTTB VOIP) service, but that's when I realized there was a major problem. I have other mobile devices but none that I can utizile for this task for various reasons. Sorry, only email for now.

JovemarL

Greetings @mysyntax!

We've checked your phone number and there seems to be a problem with the provisioning. You may now check and test your FTTB VOIP service.

Regards,

mysyntax
Level 3
Hi @Joseph_D, @Shane, @JovemarL

I truly appreciate your efforts getting the Home Phone VOIP service operational again. It's another +1 for the TPG team in service and quality excellence.

Thank you!