TPG Community

Get online support

Home Phone not receiving incoming calls

djordan92
Level 2
I have recently changed over from Tesltra to TPG due to poor service provided by Telstra.

The NBN Internet has been operational since 10th August 2021, at which time I was told in approximately 5 days I would be contacted by TPG regarding the porting of the existing home phone number, at which point I could cancel the Tesltra service.

On Friday 27th August I contacted TPG customer support as I had not received notification that the porting was complete. I spent approximately 1 hour on the phone explaining the issue, at which point the connection became disconnected.

I again called on Saturday 28th August to try and resolve the issue. I was told the porting was complete. However, the home phone is only able to make an outgoing call, cannot receive an incoming call.

I explained that this was unacceptable as it is my 92 year old grandfathers only form of contact (the installation address is my grandfathers place).

I was told it would be resolved either Saturday 28th August, or by Monday 30th August.

I contacted Customer support AGAIN on Monday 30th August. Again I was told the problem would be resolved within 24 hours.

I contacted TPG customer support again today, 31st August, and again was told it will be fixed within 24 hours.

Each time I have contacted TPG and explained my frustration and predicament, I have been transferred between customer service & technical support multiple times.

Since 10th August we have been paying for both a TPG service & Telstra service. I am very disappointed in TPG for happily taking our business, and charging us for the best part of a month for a service that has not been provided (NBN & Home Phone Bundle)

I am happy to provide multiple call reference numbers from previous conversations.

Can this please be resolved ASAP? I moved away from our previous provider due to terrible customer service, and at the moment it appears TPG has not been any better
2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @djordan92 ,

Welcome to the community.

I am sad to know that you're having issues with the home phone serivce, based on the information provided it seems that the issue is caused by porting of the old number from the previous ISP. I would love to help and get to the bottom of this.

Drop me a private message with your account  details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@djordan92 wrote:
I have recently changed over from Tesltra to TPG due to poor service provided by Telstra.

The NBN Internet has been operational since 10th August 2021, at which time I was told in approximately 5 days I would be contacted by TPG regarding the porting of the existing home phone number, at which point I could cancel the Tesltra service.

On Friday 27th August I contacted TPG customer support as I had not received notification that the porting was complete. I spent approximately 1 hour on the phone explaining the issue, at which point the connection became disconnected.

I again called on Saturday 28th August to try and resolve the issue. I was told the porting was complete. However, the home phone is only able to make an outgoing call, cannot receive an incoming call.

I explained that this was unacceptable as it is my 92 year old grandfathers only form of contact (the installation address is my grandfathers place).

I was told it would be resolved either Saturday 28th August, or by Monday 30th August.

I contacted Customer support AGAIN on Monday 30th August. Again I was told the problem would be resolved within 24 hours.

I contacted TPG customer support again today, 31st August, and again was told it will be fixed within 24 hours.

Each time I have contacted TPG and explained my frustration and predicament, I have been transferred between customer service & technical support multiple times.

Since 10th August we have been paying for both a TPG service & Telstra service. I am very disappointed in TPG for happily taking our business, and charging us for the best part of a month for a service that has not been provided (NBN & Home Phone Bundle)

I am happy to provide multiple call reference numbers from previous conversations.

Can this please be resolved ASAP? I moved away from our previous provider due to terrible customer service, and at the moment it appears TPG has not been any better

djordan92
Level 2
Pm sent mate