TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone not working after modem replacement

RobW
Level 2

I had my faulty HFC NBN modem replaced a while ago. Today I realised that my home phone service doesn't work. 

I get a continuous tone if I try to dial out and anyone trying to call me gets a "The number you have dialled is not valid" error message.

7 REPLIES 7
Ahra_G

Hi @RobW

Welcome to the Community! 

We're sorry to know that you're having trouble with your homephone. We're here to help! 

Does your internet work though? Do you have a green VoIP light on the modem? Is your phone or cordless base station plugged into the phone 1 socket on the modem?

I actually tried searching for your account using your Community details but unable to find any match. Could you please send us with your Customer ID or address via private message so we can check the status of your connection? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Got your PM, @RobW

Ran a quick test on our end and it appears that your modem needs to be configured for the homephone to work. 

I'll organise a call back to be made from our Technical Team tomorrow. Could you please send your best contact time & number via PM again? 

Cheers! 

BasilDV

Hi @RobW,

We understand that our Tech team has been in touch and was able to resolve the issue.

They've guided you to reset the modem and reconfigure it using your TPG account settings. Once done, they've tested the home phone and it's now working.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

davidhunter76
Level 2

Mine not working either. 

Angeli

Hi @davidhunter76

We'll check on your home phone service. Send us a private message with your TPG customer ID or username please. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Angeli

davidhunter76
Level 2

A call back at 12pm est would work. Smiley Happy

Angeli

Hi @davidhunter76

A callback has been set on your preferred time today. 

Cheers! Smiley Happy