TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone not working but there is a dial tone.

SOLVED Go to solution
lesann
Level 3

This problem has only occurred recently, possibily only yesterday.  People who call the number receive a message to say it cannot be connected at the moment. Try again later.

When I try to ring out I am unable to connect. and get a long tone.

The internet connection is fine .I have tried turning  the TPG modem off then on again after five minutes. Also checked connections. None of this has made any difference.

It seems a similar problem to others I have read on here. Hope you can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @lesann 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've checked the account and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN line. There's no reported outage in your area that affected your service.

Aside from turning off and on the modem, you may also try using another handset to isolate a possible device issue.

Based on the usage, you were able to successfully contact a mobile number tonight. We've also refreshed your connection for you to start fresh.

Try the service again tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @lesann ,

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the home phone service. We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you a basic troubleshooting on how to fix phone issues.

See links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers! 

BasilDV

Hi @lesann 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've checked the account and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN line. There's no reported outage in your area that affected your service.

Aside from turning off and on the modem, you may also try using another handset to isolate a possible device issue.

Based on the usage, you were able to successfully contact a mobile number tonight. We've also refreshed your connection for you to start fresh.

Try the service again tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

lesann
Level 3

Thank you. Yes last night the home phone rang when I tried to call from my mobile and today seems to working fine.  I had tried calling both ways between my mobile and home phone earlier but it wasn't working then. Happy problem is fixed. Timing to be out yesterday was bad because it was my birthday so more calls than usual.