TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone not working but there is dial tone

SOLVED Go to solution
rcjoseph
Level 2

thank you working fine now!

Riezl

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Feel free to message us should you need further assistance. Cheers!

norio260
Level 2

Hi, 

I am also having a similar issue with my phone line. Handset is connected to "phone" socket of the TPlink VX420-G2v. I could neither call out nor receive any calls.   I can hear a dial tone (3sec continuous, 1sec? pause, then repeated). Internet works fine.Calling my landline tells me the "number is not valid".

I am new to NBN and previous provider confirms the number has been ported already. 

How could we get the issue addressed? 

Thanks, Norio.

Shane

Welcome to the community, Norio.

We'd love to help check the status of the phone service. To better understand the situation, send me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file.

Regards,

Hi, 

I am also having a similar issue with my phone line. Handset is connected to "phone" socket of the TPlink VX420-G2v. I could neither call out nor receive any calls.   I can hear a dial tone (3sec continuous, 1sec? pause, then repeated). Internet works fine.Calling my landline tells me the "number is not valid".

I am new to NBN and previous provider confirms the number has been ported already. 

How could we get the issue addressed? 

Thanks, Norio.

thompsonkp21
Level 2