TPG Community

Get online support

How to cancel a TPG Landline number BUT continue with NBN account?

SphonE7
Level 2

The Subject line says it all.    cheers

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @SphonE7 . The phone service is bundled with the internet service. Just change the phone service to $0 PAYG to avoid monthly phone fee and unplug the phone.

Ahra_G

Hi @SphonE7

All TPG NBN plans are offered to customers as a pre-paid bundle of Internet & Home phone. Using the home phone service is up to you.

Simply plug a handset into our Modem and you have the added advantage of a home phone service for friends and family to reach you on at no additional monthly cost to you. This is another terrific benefit to taking up a TPG NBN Bundle.

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Cheers! 

-Ahra_G

SphonE7
Level 2

Hi Ahra_G . . . Thanks for the response.  I should have included in my original question that we ported a live number over from Telstra, but at this stage have chosen to not connect a phone to the line. 

However, people can still ring the line & hear it ringing until it presumably rings out.

So while there are no extra costs to us, we don't really know if any people 'we know' are still trying to ring us on that 'land line' number.  So we want to remove the number completely.

Any thoughts on that process?

cheers, SphonE7 

SphonE7
Level 2

Hi david64 . . . Thanks for the response.  I should have included in my original question that we ported a live number over from Telstra, but at this stage have chosen to not connect a phone to the line. 

However, people can still ring the line & hear it ringing until it presumably rings out.

So while there are no extra costs to us, we don't really know if any people 'we know' are still trying to ring us on that 'land line' number.  So we want to remove the number completely.

Any thoughts on that process?

cheers, SphonE7