TPG Community

Get online support

How to connect phone line to TP Link AC1200

SOLVED Go to solution
prasadp2
Level 2

Hi

I recently got NBN FTTP. The router TPG gave me was TP Link AC1200. I want to connect my home land phone to it but there is not 'phone' port in the router. How can I connect my land phone?

Thanks

Pras

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @prasadp2 

If you do have multiple data ports in the garage and around the house (Living Room) you maybe able to patch your phone service from the garage to a spare port (Port where you router is not connected)

If you don’t have spare data points in the garage and the rest of the house, you pretty much have 2 options.

-1st option being the potentially cheaper option. Get a cordless base station with multiple handset and keep the main base in the garage, and the other secondary base(s) in the locations around the house.

-2nd option you will need pay for your own technician to install a socket, from the NBN NTD to the location where you want your handset to be connected. The technician must have a valid Open registration with an ACMA authorised registrar.

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KarlB

Hi @prasadp2 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

prasadp2
Level 2

Sent.

KarlB

Hi @prasadp2 

On an NBN FTTP service your handset will need to be plugged into the UNI-V1 port on your NBN NTD(Not your TP-Link router). See attached image.

NBN FTTP Ports UNI-V1.jpg

Regards,

Karl

prasadp2
Level 2

The NBN box is in the garage. I need to phone line in the living room.

KarlB

Hi @prasadp2 

-Is your router currently located in the living room?
-Do you have multiple data points running from the garage NTD to the living room or around the house?

Regards,

Karl

prasadp2
Level 2

Router located in living room.

I got an additional port in the garage which connects to a patch in the living room. 

KarlB

Hi @prasadp2 

You have 2 ports in the garage and 2 ports in the living room? Can you attach photos of the ports?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @prasadp2 

If you do have multiple data ports in the garage and around the house (Living Room) you maybe able to patch your phone service from the garage to a spare port (Port where you router is not connected)

If you don’t have spare data points in the garage and the rest of the house, you pretty much have 2 options.

-1st option being the potentially cheaper option. Get a cordless base station with multiple handset and keep the main base in the garage, and the other secondary base(s) in the locations around the house.

-2nd option you will need pay for your own technician to install a socket, from the NBN NTD to the location where you want your handset to be connected. The technician must have a valid Open registration with an ACMA authorised registrar.

Regards,

Karl

prasadp2
Level 2

Picture attaached.

As per your option #1, I need to get an out from NBN box phone and connect it to the spare port on the wall and then connect the phone other end?