Landline

tinchung49
Level 2

I had switched over from Optus to TPG when connected with NBN and I intended to keep the existing landline and number for this switch over. I was informed by TPG via email that the switch over was active from 1/5/2020 and installation completed on 2/5/2020 and the digital voice number is kept at the same landline number I was using. So yesterday (12/5/2020) I initiated a cancellation of seervice from optus and I was informed by others ringing in to me using this number that the number had been disconnected. Can TPG look into this matter and inform me what is going on please?

5 REPLIES 5
KarlB

Hi @tinchung49 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

tinchung49
Level 2

My TPG Account detail is as follow:

Account Number : 6799998

Plan: NBN FTTC SL Bundle Fast

Digital Voice Number: 0398333228

Username: tinchung49

my mobile number: 0412158510

KarlB

Hi @tinchung49 

From what I can see the porting is complete, and you should be able to use the phone for in and outbound calls.

Can you please make sure your handset is plugged into the "Phone 1" port on the back of your modem?

-Try ringing out to your mobile and see what number is displayed, and then try ringing back into the phone line from your mobile.

Regards,

Karl

tinchung49
Level 2

I had tried moment ago to dial out from the landline and it works but when I try to dial into the landline from my mobile I got the message that the landline had been disconnected. The landline was working ok all along until I initiated the cancellation from Optus since yesterday.

KarlB

Hi @tinchung49 

I have requested for our Porting Team to investigate and requested for someone to call you back later on today with an update.

Regards,

Karl