TPG Community

Get online support

How to enable telephony settings on Archer VR1600V wifi router?

DiscoBuns
Level 2
Hi guys, does anyone have details on how to enable the Telephony settings in the Archer VR1600V.
I have seen alot of people experiencing similiar problems in these forums but has been no concrete solution made available to the public. TPG should not be disabling this feature from the router and is quite frustrating to configure.
I want to be able to configure my VOIP settings to be able to make phone calls. Right now with everything plugged up i can a dial tone, but after dialling another phone number you only hear a monotone.
Can TPG provide a firmware update patch to allow people to access their Telephony settings or to unlock all the features in their modem? This should be similiar to unlocking your phone when locked to a specific carrier
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @DiscoBuns .

Our provided modem/router comes with optimized firmware and encrypted for security purposes. We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. If you wish to use your VoIP we recommend to use a 3rd party modem/router capable with VoIP.

The VoIP feature of our supplied modem will only work on TPG network. 

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

@DiscoBuns wrote:
Hi guys, does anyone have details on how to enable the Telephony settings in the Archer VR1600V.
I have seen alot of people experiencing similiar problems in these forums but has been no concrete solution made available to the public. TPG should not be disabling this feature from the router and is quite frustrating to configure.
I want to be able to configure my VOIP settings to be able to make phone calls. Right now with everything plugged up i can a dial tone, but after dialling another phone number you only hear a monotone.
Can TPG provide a firmware update patch to allow people to access their Telephony settings or to unlock all the features in their modem? This should be similiar to unlocking your phone when locked to a specific carrier