TPG Community

Get online support

Huawei hg695 to TP-Link Archer V1600v upgrade no voip service

heich
Level 3

I had an issue with the Huawei HG695 modem and TPG replaced it with a TP-LINK Archer V1600v modem after receiving it today and connecting it up the same as the Huawei HG695, I can browse the internet but i have no VOIP phone, when I pick up the home phone I can hear the normal sound but when I ring someone all I get is a high piched tone and nothing else. The phone is connected to line 1, I have tried in line 2 but get nothing from that so it's back in line 1. All the Led's on the modem are steady green on except for DSL, WPS, Phone1 and Phone2 which are off.

Can someone help?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @heich,

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd like to confirm if you're still having the same issue with the TPG NBN-VoIP if yes, please confirm your best contact number andf preferred time. We'll have one of our Technicians contact you for further investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I had an issue with the Huawei HG695 modem and TPG replaced it with a TP-LINK Archer V1600v modem after receiving it today and connecting it up the same as the Huawei HG695, I can browse the internet but i have no VOIP phone, when I pick up the home phone I can hear the normal sound but when I ring someone all I get is a high piched tone and nothing else. The phone is connected to line 1, I have tried in line 2 but get nothing from that so it's back in line 1. All the Led's on the modem are steady green on except for DSL, WPS, Phone1 and Phone2 which are off.

Can someone help?